Friday, April 2, 2010

Our heads are above the water now!

So, lots has happened...life has been so crazy! It has been full of sorrow, with the loss of our wonderful great grandma. She was (is) such a beautiful, caring, and loving lady. She had a love for our Heavenly Father that is far more for anyone to understand. She loved to visit, loved to take pictures, make memories, and make everyone happy who came in her path. She has a beautiful rose garden. I have to say, the loss of our great grandma has had a definite impact on our family. We love her, and we are so glad that she is able to do her work on the other side now.

The very day of great grandma's funeral, we found out that my grandma Ruth was admitted to the hospital for Pancreatitis. As of the date of this post, she has barely started to eat real food. She was hospitalized for 2 weeks and in the recovery center for another 2-3 weeks. She is a sweetheart. She is always on the go, I feel so sad that this has put her down for so long, and it will take a while before she will be able to gain her quality of life back.

Oh! So, I haven't been really up to blogging. Sometimes things are hard to put into words. But on the upside, and in the meantime of all these things, Madison is doing SO well in school, and dance and entered the Reflections Contest for her school, and she made it to the state level. She wrote the cutest story about a butterfly named "Apricot".

Jordan has a 4.0 GPA for the school year, and just received a school award called "Eagle of the Quarter". He was 1 of 4 boys that was chosen for this award in the 7th grade! He just finished up basketball season, and has taken an interest in snow skiing. So, he went snow skiing last week...and is hoping to go more often.

Hudson! He is just a ball. He grunts, snorts, growls, barks and is just a boy in every way! He is starting to talk a little...he knows how to say Madi really well, because she gets him anything he wants, and he doesn't have to say a word! Mean ol' me...I make him try to say words! Then he just wrestles and snuggles with Jordan. He is so much fun, we feel so lucky to have him.

Joel, I AM SO PROUD OF MY MAN! He has lost a lot of weight and looks awesome! He is so determined, and I admire him so much. I love him.

I will get some pictures on here. I have started taking them again, and I hope I don't fall in the slump I've been in. I have to say...the Fibro, and Dystonia have taken a huge toll on my energy level this winter, and it's hard to write about things, when sad things have happened, and my health has been what it's been. I am just so thankful for such an awesome family.

SUNSHINE AHEAD.... :)

2 comments:

Nielson said...

I hear ya! I've been so behind too--maybe I'll catch up this week??? (Yeah right!) It's good to hear from you again :) And I think there's sunshine ahead too--it's April now, that should help :)

About Me said...

Always love reading your blog!!!! Glad your back to writing!!!! Love you always!!!